Treatments Offered At
Cancer Rehabilitation is designed to provide you optimal outcomes for daily living. You will receive specialized one-on-one care from our physical therapy staff and be immersed in a culture of healing, education and motivation.
Cancer Rehabilitation May Include
- Individualized exercise programs to treat cancer related fatigue.
- A complete selection of physical therapy services addressing orthopedic concerns, pain relieving therapies, and balance training.
- Assistance in returning to functional activities including work, sports and recreation.
- Lymphedema management including manual lymph drainage massage, compression bandaging, garment selection, skin care and exercises.
- Breast cancer rehabilitation:
- Treatment for shoulder motion and strength.
- Education in reducing the risk of developing lymphedema.
- Compression garment and clothing consultation.
- Treatment for axillary web syndrome or cording.
Exercise and Therapy Are Key
Cancer rehabilitation seeks to provide individualized exercise and therapy programs for cancer-related symptoms. Exercise is used as an adjunct therapy for cancer treatment-related symptoms. The program addresses deficits in range of motion, muscle strength, endurance, soft tissue mobilization, gait characteristics and balance.
Benefits of Exercise
- Exercise reduces muscle weakness associated with chemotherapy.
- Cardiovascular exercise reduces fatigue and helps maintain function and energy during chemotherapy.
- Exercise boosts immunity by increasing the number and effectiveness of the body's immune cells.
- Strengthening and endurance exercise maximize and prolong independence.
- Walking and gentle exercise with weights improve bone density.
- Exercise can decrease treatment-related and cancer-related pain.
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
No physicians listed at this time.