Become a volunteer:
How to Become a Volunteer
To join our team; review the volunteer opportunities
, and complete the online volunteer application
Upon review and acceptance of your application, you will be notified by email of the next step in the process of becoming a SMMC volunteer.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Volunteers must donate a minimum of 100 hours usually done in one 4 hour shift per week.
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations, departmental and hospital policies.
Pre- Screening Process:
- Volunteers must complete an on-line application.
- If selected, (based on many reasons) you will be invited to an Orientation.
- Background check is required if you are over 18 years of age (Must have a Social Security number to be processed).
- Two TB tests (administered without charge by the SMMC Employee Health Nurse).
- Health Clearance Letter from your Doctor (Form will be provided at the orientation).
If accepted as a Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Volunteer, you will be asked to:
- Purchase a volunteer uniform at a cost of $25.00 and pay membership of - $6.00 annually.
- Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties.