Dr. Daniel Bethencourt is the medical director of cardiac and thoracic surgery at the MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute. Certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeon, Dr. Bethencourt has been practicing cardiac and thoracic surgery in Long Beach for 21 years. He graduated from MIT and Yale Medical School and completed his residencies at the University of Texas and UCLA.
Dr. Bethencourt established the Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Program at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. His special interests include cardiac valve repair surgery, valve construction, Da Vinci robotic assisted mitral valve reconstruction, aortic valve surgery and minimally invasive endoscopic microwave ablation.
As a specialist, Dr. Bethencourt may not be selected as a primary care physician. Accepts patients age 18 and over.
This physician is a member of MemorialCare Physician Society which drives clinical outcomes and performance for MemorialCare Health System.
This physician uses an electronic medical record system.
This physician uses myMemorialCare to access and store patient health information via the Epic ambulatory electronic medical record system. Patients of this practice may also securely view their health information online via myMemorialCare (MyChart), Epic’s patient portal.
- Cardiothoracic / Thoracic Surgery
Types of Care
- Congenital Heart Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass (CABG) Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Cardiac Tumor (Atrial Myxoma) Removal
- Robotic-Assisted Congenital Heart Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Heart Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Heart Valve Repair or Replacement
- Robotic-Assisted Minimally Invasive Direct CAB Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Minimally Invasive Maze Surgery
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery