Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
at Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
in Fountain Valley / Huntington Beach
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley is a 12-bed, level II NICU that provides compassionate and comprehensive care to premature and critically ill full-term infants. We provide specialized care including, invasive monitoring, conventional ventilation, high frequency ventilation and transport service.
Our transport team is available to assist the smaller community hospitals in the surrounding area as infants are transported in for a higher level of medical care.
Visiting Information:Because babies in the NICU need special care and attention, visiting requirements and procedures vary from regular maternity visitation guidelines. Please see the detailed information below to ensure that these requirements are met when visiting an infant in the NICU.
- Parents, grandparents and siblings over three years of age with a current immunization record may visit 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except for the change of shifts from 6:30 - 8:00 in the morning and evening.
- Quiet time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM This is a time to promote bonding and rest for our new mothers and babies. Please only parents during this time.
- During influenza season no one under age 16 may visit, including siblings.
- A parent must accompany siblings and other visitors at all times.
- Other family members may visit as specified by the parents and arranged with the RN caring for the patient.
- Visitors are limited to a maximum of three people per infant bedside at a time, including one parent.
- The RN on duty may ask visitors to leave for brief periods of time during special procedures or medical rounds involving their infant or an infant nearby. This is done to protect the privacy of every infant in the NICU.
- All visitors must wash their hands for a minimum of 30 seconds before entering the unit.
“Through the compassion and diligence of our highly experienced team of nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists and ancillary staff, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Orange Coast Memorial provides the highest quality of care to the most fragile of newborns. We treat our infants as though they are our own, and their families are always in our hearts and minds. Having been part of the MemorialCare Health System for more than 20 years, I am proud and humbled to be given the responsibility to care for your most precious infants.”
Penny Jacinto, MD