For direction and parking information:
Arriving for a Cesarean Section
Your surgeon’s office will give you an appointment time for your arrival. Please be sure to arrive at the hospital where you are scheduled to have your cesarean at the given time.
Things to Remember the Morning of Surgery
- Leave all valuables at home (e.g., money, credit cards)
- Do not wear any jewelry to the hospital (this includes your wedding ring)
- Do not wear any make-up (mascara, lipstick, nail polish, etc.)
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Remove glasses, contact lenses and dentures, prior to surgery
Things to Expect on Surgery Day
- First you will be interviewed by a nurse who will take your blood pressure and temperature.
- After you’ve met with the nurse, you’ll change into your hospital gown.
- One visitor will be allowed to stay with you while you wait for surgery.
- Prior to the cesarean section, your selected visitor will be given surgical attire which includes a disposable top, pants, hat and mask. No one is allowed in the operating room unless they are correctly wearing surgical attire.
- After you have been given anethesia, your partner will be called into the operating room and will take a seat near your head.
- Video cameras and still photography are allowed at the discretion of the physician.
- When the cesarean section is complete, you will be taken to the recovery room for approximately one to two hours. There is no visiting in the recovery room, except for new fathers/partners.