Women's heart care at:
For online appointments:
Questions to Ask Your Doctor about
Getting answers to important women's heart health questions can help get you on the right path to prevention and improving your life-long health and well-being.
Consult with your physician and ask these key questions about women's heart health:
- What is my risk for heart disease?
- What screening or diagnostic tests for heart disease do I need?
- What are my numbers and what do they mean?
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol—total cholesterol, LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, HDL (“good”) cholesterol, and triglycerides
- Body mass index and waist circumference measurement
- Blood sugar level (could indicate risk for diabetes)
- What can you do to help me quit smoking?
- How much physical activity do I need to help protect my heart?
- What is a heart-healthy eating plan for me?