For appointments & directions:
MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute
at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Your Partner in Comprehensive Cardiovascular Care
The MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute at Long Beach Memorial is one of California's most comprehensive centers for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of cardiovascular disease. We provide advanced, world-class care for complex heart conditions including myocardial infarction, heart failure, arrhythmias and peripheral vascular disease.
MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute is a leader in the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute has a nationally recognized team of preeminent cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons that perform more than 15,000 diagnostic and over 4,000 invasive and surgical procedures each year and are recognized on the Southern California's Top Doctor List.
- Long Beach Memorial is one of only three hospitals in California with a 320 Slice CT Scanner which provides superior high-quality imaging of the cardiovascular system to aid in early and accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute partners with Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach to offer one of the few Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiac Surgery Programs in Southern California including a multi-disciplinary team of cardiologists, surgeons, advanced practice nurses, pharmacists and critical care nurses.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute offers the robotic da Vinci® SiHD™ Surgical System, the most technologically advanced surgical robotic system in the world which allows for minimally invasive techniques that increase patient satisfaction and outcomes.
- Physicians who are experts in the repair and replacement of deteriorating heart valves, work to determine the best treatment option and reverse the effects of patients’ aging valves with state-of-the-art technology.
- Nearly 20 years ago, the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute performed its first lead extraction operation to remove damaged or infected pacemaker leads from the heart. Long Beach Memorial continues to pioneer the practice of lead extraction while the care team closes in on their 1,000th extraction.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute has advanced practice nurses including clinical nurse specialists (CNS) and acute care nurse practitioners (ACNP) who navigate each cardiac subspecialty, giving patients coordinated patient care from pre to post surgery.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute is a leading academic and research institute affiliated with the University of California, Irvine Medical Center, including clinical trials sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and cardiac fellows who augment the patient care experience by supporting the physicians.
- In a partnership with California State University, Long Beach and Long Beach City College, MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute nurses help train and educate nursing students.
MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute provides patients with dedicated centers and programs for specialized and individualized care.
- The Center for Women's Cardiac Health and Research focuses on early detection and prevention of cardiovascular disease by offering cardiac screening and counseling to improve women's life-long health and well-being
- Long Beach Memorial's Emergency Department is a designated Chest Pain and STEMI Receiving Center which is staffed by a highly trained well-coordinated team to assure individuals experiencing a heart attack are rapidly treated.
- Long Beach Memorial utilizes a hypothermia protocol which minimizes the possibility of brain injury during a cardiac arrest.
- The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program assists patients by instilling lifestyle changes that can stabilize, slow or even reverse the progression of cardiovascular disease and has been rated excellent by 99 percent of patients surveyed.
Heart & Vascular Care Programs
Heart Care Quality Outcomes
Long Beach Memorial has earned recognition for quality outcomes that continually surpass state and national standards. We continue to hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards and address any opportunities to improve.
View our quality ratings: