For appointments & directions:
MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute
at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Modern Maturity magazine has named Long Beach Memorial Medical Center one of the nation’s top 10 centers for cardiovascular surgery.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute has been listed by a national healthcare quality agency as among the nation’s top 100 cardiovascular hospitals.
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center has been ranked several times by the state of California as one of the safest hospitals in which to survive a heart attack.
MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute is among the highest ranked California hospitals for heart attack survival. In fact, for the past three years, it was ranked in the top one percent of California's 600 hospitals by the office of Statewide Health Planning and Development.
Long Beach Memorial and MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute and Miller Children’s Hospital are leaders in pioneering new treatments for heart disease. We have been the first or among the first to:
- Use a blood test to measure the severity of a heart attack.
- Use medication to reduce strain on the heart to treat heart failure.
- Establish a computerized cardiac registry in research.
- Use “banked blood” (donated by the patient themselves) for use in cardiac surgery.
- Demonstrate predictive capabilities of the treadmill test, allowing patients to be treated early to prevent serious heart disease.
- Insert permanent pacemakers through blood vessels, preventing possible surgery complications.
- Combine the treatment of heart attacks with intravenous medication to dissolve clots.
- Implant resynchronization devices for patients with heart failure.
- Participate in the first “MIRACLE” study nationwide to evaluate combined cardiac resynchronization therapies for treatment of heart failure.