Medical Meeting Planning
The CHE coordinates continuing medical education conferences each year, both on campus at LBMMC, and off-site.
The scope of the meeting planners’ duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting site selection
- Production of meeting budget
- Production and distribution of course brochures
- Interaction with course faculty (travel, hotel, syllabus, honorarium)
- Process course registrations
- Secure CME accreditation from either LBMMC (CMA) or the University of California, Irvine (ACCME)
- On-site coordination
There are three meeting planners at CHE. Together they have over fifty years of planning experience and have traveled with groups to international locations including India, Africa, the Amazon, Italy and Tahiti, as well as coordinating many conferences throughout the United States and Canada.