Maps, Directions & Hours:
Stay Healthy During the Holidays
The Holiday Season is a very busy time of the year! Is all the extra stress taking a toll on your health? MemorialCare HealthExpress will help get you back on your feet. We can even take care of out of town guests who are not well.
Give the gift of health and safety to yourself and your loved ones by following these helpful holiday tips.
- Wash your hands often: Wash with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based product. Clean hands help to prevent the spread of germs to yourself and others.
- Manage stress: The holidays don't need to take a toll on your health. Watch your schedule and do not over commit your time or resources. Make it a priority to balance work, home and play. Incorporate your own stress relieving measures every day.
- Travel safely: Whether you are traveling across town or around the world, remember to avoid drinking and driving and always wear your seat belt.
- Be smoke-free: Avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke. Talk to your primary health care provider for information and support to quit smoking.
- Watch the kids: Keep a watchful eye on your kids when they are eating and playing. Watch for potentially dangerous toys, food, drinks and household items that may pose a risk for choking or other injury.
- Eat healthy and stay active: Choose to enjoy the holidays in a healthy way. Select fresh fruit as a festive substitute for candy and enjoy just one or two of your favorite food items in moderation. Find fun ways to stay activeâ€”strive for at least 2 Â½ hours exercise a week.