Doctor Barkow's journey in pain management starts with watching his mom die of breast cancer. “Back then, they didn’t have the tools and knowledge that they do today,” he remembers with a saddened tone. “I watched them try so many different things only to have her feel temporarily better and then take a turn for the worse.” A decade later, he would watch his father go through severe pain due to multiple myeloma. “It’s because I have experienced and seen pain on such a personal level that it’s such a passion for me to help people and offer them options and methods that will truly heal them,” he concludes. Now nationally renowned in the field of pain management, Dr. Barkow frequently lectures and teaches on the latest approaches in the field. He is also the founder of IllumiNutri, an all natural nutritional line designed for pain management patients.
- Over 20 years of experience
- Dual board certified in Pain Management
- Board certified in Anesthesiology
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor at University of California at Irvine Medical Center
- Advanced Clinical Instructor for the International Spine Intervention Society
- Named Physician of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association
- Named a Top USA Doctor by US News and World Report
- Given the Patient’s Choice Award by Vitals.com
This physician is a member of MemorialCare Physician Society which drives clinical outcomes and performance for MemorialCare Health System.
- Pain Medicine