Dr. Stephen Barkow is the Medical Director of Orange County Pain Management and practicing physician for over 20 years. He is a scientist who draws from a variety of disciplines and alternative medicine options to best help heal his patients.
It is his mission to identify the source of pain, give effective treatments and help set realistic goals, so that his patients can achieve as fulfilling a lifestyle as possible.
“While I’m deeply rooted in Western medicine, I also take a holistic look at the human body and often ask my patients to look at their daily habits, movements and nutrition patterns to see if we can target their pain in a comprehensive manner.”
With an impeccable track record and credentials, he has repeatedly been recognized for his work in the Pain Management field. Dr. Barkow frequently lectures and teaches on the latest approaches in the field. He is also the founder of IllumiNutri, an all-natural nutritional line designed for pain management patients.
- Over 20 years of experience
- Dual board certified in Pain Management
- Board certified in Anesthesiology
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor at University of California at Irvine Medical Center
- Advanced Clinical Instructor for the International Spine Intervention Society
- Named Physician of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association
- Named a Top USA Doctor by US News and World Report
- Given the Patient’s Choice Award by Vitals.com
This physician is a member of MemorialCare Physician Society which drives clinical outcomes and performance for MemorialCare Health System.
- Pain Medicine