The Holiday Season is a very busy time of the year! Is all the extra stress taking a toll on your health?
Helpful Holiday Health & Safety Tips
- Wash your hands often: Wash with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based product. Clean hands help to prevent the spread of germs to yourself and others.
- Manage stress: The holidays don't need to take a toll on your health. Watch your schedule and do not over commit your time or resources. Make it a priority to balance work, home and play. Incorporate your own stress relieving measures every day.
- Travel safely: Whether you are traveling across town or around the world, remember to avoid drinking and driving and always wear your seat belt.
- Be smoke-free: Avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke. Talk to your primary health care provider for information and support to quit smoking.
- Watch the kids: Keep a watchful eye on your kids when they are eating and playing. Watch for potentially dangerous toys, food, drinks and household items that may pose a risk for choking or other injury.
- Eat healthy and stay active: Choose to enjoy the holidays in a healthy way. Select fresh fruit as a festive substitute for candy and enjoy just one or two of your favorite food items in moderation. Find fun ways to stay active, strive for at least 2 ½ hours exercise a week.