Spring time brings sunny weather, pretty flowers and seasonal allergies! Are you prepared to manage seasonal allergies?
Symptoms of Seasonal Allergies
- Stuffy nose, runny nose, or sneezing.
- Itchy or red eyes.
- Sore throat, itching of the throat or ears.
- Waking up at night or trouble sleeping which leads to daytime fatigue.
Causes of Seasonal Allergies
- Pollens from trees, grasses, or weeds.
- Mold spores, which grow when the weather is humid, wet or damp.
Relief for Seasonal Allergies
By following simple steps, you can combat your seasonal allergies. One or more of the following treatments may help reduce allergy symptoms:
- Nose Rinse: a nasal rinse with a saline solution can help relieve and reduce hay fever.
- Antihistamines: medicines that help reduce itching, sneezing and a runny nose.
- Decongestants: medicines that help reduce a stuffy nose. People with certain health conditions, such as high blood pressure, should not take decongestants.
- Steroid Nasal Spray: may be prescribed by your health care provider to help reduce nasal swelling.
- Control Your Environment: check the pollen count before doing outdoor activities like gardening or mowing the lawn — we found this website helpful: pollen.com. By controlling your allergies, you can sit back, relax and enjoy all that Summer has to offer.