A new California State law requires all students entering grades 7 - 12 to provide proof of the Tdap (whooping cough) vaccine before starting school.
WHOOPING COUGH known as PERTUSSIS:
- Is a highly contagious respiratory disease.
- Can be severe and last for months.
- Is spread from person to person particularly through sneezing and coughing.
- Can be carried by older siblings who may bring the disease home and infect an infant.
- Has led to hospitalization and death of infants, still too young to receive the vaccine.
Reduce the spread by getting the Tdap Vaccine today at MemorialCare HealthExpress.
For more information about Whooping Cough visit cdph.ca.gov.