High blood pressure, high cholesterol (hyperlipidemia), obesity and diabetes all play a role in the development of heart disease. To make a positive impact on your health it is important to know and understand your numbers. Knowing your numbers allows you to take action and impact your risk factors.
Key Numbers & Healthy
- HDL (good) Cholesterol (HDL) - Above 50mg/dl for women, above 40mg/dl for men
- LDL (bad) Cholesterol (LDL) - Below 130mg/dl
- Triglycerides (TRG) - Below 150mg/dl
- Total Cholesterol (TC) - Below 200mg/dl
- Glucose (GLU) - Between 70-99mg/dl
- Blood Pressure (BP) - Less than 120/80
- Body Mass Index (BMI) - Between 18.5-24.9
Record and keep track of your numbers.