What does your blood pressure reading mean and how can you maintain an ideal blood pressure?
Blood pressure is read as two separate numbers:
- Systolic (top number): blood pressure when the heart is contracting.
- Diastolic (bottom number): blood pressure when the heart rests between heart beats.
- An ideal blood pressure reading has a systolic of 120 or less and a diastolic of 80 or less.
How you can maintain an ideal blood pressure
- Enjoy regular physical activity
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce the stress in your life
- Don't smoke
- Limit alcohol intake
Complimentary Blood Pressure Screening
Stop by MemorialCare Health Express today, for a complimentary Blood Pressure Screening.
For more information about Blood Pressure visit the American Heart Association at: heart.org